APPLY HERE -- Submisson Deadline May 15
After a successful launch in the spring of 2020, The Alumni Association of Temple University’s School of Theater, Film and Media Arts will again offer a project grant for TFMA alumni in the spring of 2021.
Last year’s funding aimed to support virtual work during the COVID-19 pandemic. This year’s grant cycle will support projects that amplify the voices of BIPOC artists, stories and communities, celebrate the diversity of America’s creative and cultural heritage, and contribute to a more equitable creative field.
Applications may be submitted via this form: https://forms.gle/5hV4eNix6kAmv7dj7
To be considered, all applications must be received by midnight on May 15, 2021. Recipients will be notified on or before June 30, 2021, and project funding will be made available soon thereafter.
Any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must be graduates of the theater and/or film programs at Temple University, or current seniors scheduled to graduate in the Class of 2021.
- The Alumni Grant will support the development of projects being created by alumni for their immediate communities. For the 2021 grant cycle, these projects should specifically amplify the voices of BIPOC artists, stories and/or communities.
- Projects may be virtual or live in nature. If the projects are not virtual by design, projects must follow all relevant industry-standard COVID-19 safety protocols.
- Support can be requested for any project currently in development, and for any project completed and shared with relevant communities between June 1, 2021 and May 31, 2022.
- Support can be requested for individual projects, and/or for projects being created in collaboration with other artists and/or nonprofit organizations.Funding may be used in any capacity to directly support the creative work of a Temple University alumnus. This includes stipend pay for the requesting alumni member and/or other collaborators on the project.
- Funding may not be used for operating support for a company or organization.
- Funding may not be used to support a project that has already been completed/released to the public.
- A maximum of $1000 may be requested.
At least two grants will be awarded, one each for alumni from the Department of Theater and the Department of Film and Media Arts (FMA).
To apply for a 2021 TFMA Alumni Association grant you will need tosubmit a 1-2 page proposal providing the following information and upload it at this form: https://forms.gle/5hV4eNix6kAmv7dj7
- Name, email, graduation year and major at Temple;
- Current city and state of residence;
- Project timeline, including any steps already taken;
- Brief description of how the funds will be used;
- How the project will adhere to COVID-19 safety protocols;
- Relevance to funding priorities, including: how the project will amplify the voices of BIPOC artists, stories and communities, celebrate the diversity of America’s creative and cultural heritage, and contribute to a more equitable creative field;
- Project Description, including: content description, intended presentation/performance platform, other collaborators, any affiliated companies or organizations, and intended audiences/communities; and
- Personal Statement, including: how this project reflects your creative work up to this point, and/or why this project is relevant to your growth and development as an artist.
Within 30 days of the completion of the event, a Final Report Form, including a cost accounting and a brief summary of the event, must be sent to email@example.com.