LA Study Away students on set in Los Angeles
Live, learn and work in the heart of the entertainment industry!
Temple University’s L.A. Study Away Program is a semester-long, residential program in Los Angeles during which students take academic courses related to the entertainment industry and work at internships in their areas of professional interest. The program provides students with exposure to career resources, opportunities for networking, social activities, and immersion in the dynamic cultural resources of Los Angeles. Programs are offered in the fall, spring and summer semesters.
The L.A. Study Away program was established in 1997 to give Temple undergraduate and graduate students a chance to learn more about the creative and business culture of Hollywood while participating in it directly. The program equips students with career-building strategies and techniques for self-reflection that are tailored to the unique environment of the L.A. entertainment industry. All of our courses are taught by Temple faculty and working industry professionals, and are open to Temple students of any major with interest and experience in film, media and entertainment. Qualified students from other institutions are also welcome to apply.
As Temple’s longest-running program in Los Angeles, L.A. Study Away owes much of its success to the large and ever-expanding network of Temple alumni in Los Angeles who are working professionals in the entertainment industry. Our alumni regularly speak in our courses, host interns at their companies, and serve as an ongoing source of advice and inspiration to current students. Come join us for a semester with L.A. Study Away, and be part of the thriving community of Temple film and media professionals who are living, working and creating in Hollywood.
L.A. Study Away may be right for you if:
- You are interested in pursuing an entertainment industry career, either in L.A. or elsewhere
- You are passionate about entertainment and want to learn more about the business
- You are considering relocating to Los Angeles, and want to find out what it’s like to live and work here with the support and structure of an academic program
- You want to gain real-world, hands-on experience in your area of professional interest
- You want to build your resume and expand your professional skills
- You want to meet and network with working entertainment industry professionals
- You are ready for an adventure to broaden your academic, social and professional horizons
L.A. Study Away hosts regular informational meetings for prospective students. We also recommend that you speak with your academic advisor about the program and how it fits into your overall academic plan. If you wish to schedule a Zoom or in-person meeting to discuss the program, you may call us at 215-204-5910 or email us at email@example.com to request an appointment. (All meetings are Eastern Standard Time). We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible during regular business hours: Monday-Friday, 9-5pm EST.